What is Massage?
The Benefits of Massage
- Releases tension
- Improves mobility
- Increases circulation
- Helps detox by eliminating waste products
- Improves muscle tone
- Induces a deep state of relaxation
- Soothes away aches & pains
- Helps renew the skin by removing dead skin cells (desquamation)
- Increases the skins elastin
- Promotes feel good hormones
- Prevents varicose veins
- Use of oils nourish & moisturise the skin
- It gives all important me time
- Boosts body confidence
- …..and it is guaranteed relaxation time!
The History of Massage
The earliest mention of massage dates back to 500 BC when a Chinese medical book was written about massage called the ‘Nei Ching’ mentioning Amma which was the start of acupuncture but using fingers not needles.
In 2000 BC text & a picture on an Egyptian mummy’s wall tomb mentions reflexology. The Indians also use the Ayurvedic healing system which still forms the basis of their medical knowledge today it is the main part of Ayurvedic tradition that Indians use massage as part of their daily routine.
Massage has always been used as a way to maintain health & prevent disease. Massage was the main therapy used to help re-balance the body & mind there has been this belief that when we are out of balance it affects our health. Massage was here before medicine & has stayed here all along working along side modern medicine & is an important part of our health & well being recovery & rehabilitation today.
Massage has many meanings in different languages in Latin it means that which forms a lump so the Romans very early on knew to work out the knots. In Greek it means to knead & in French it means to rub.
Never call a Massage Therapist a Masseuse that is the title of a sex worker doing a very different type of massage!
Conditions Massage can help with
- Migraine & tension headaches
- Constipation & digestive disorders
- Muscle aches, back pain & sports injuries
Book in for a Massage with me
Please call, text or email me to book in for a massage.
Thanks for taking the time to read my blog:-)